Anything Goes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Good Old Roast....

5 posters

Go down

A Good Old Roast.... Empty A Good Old Roast....

Post  oOEliteTwiikzOo Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 am

Well... What would u say about ur familys roast dinner? haha well.. my mums is Ace... with the crispy potatoes and my mum uses the nice juice that comes off the chicken and drips it on the Potatoes =] she leaves the skin of the chicken nice... and crispy but not burnt crispy.... the Vegs are perfect and the Yorkshire puddings are lovely smuvered with gravy Laughing now talking bout that is making me hungry Shocked
oOEliteTwiikzOo
oOEliteTwiikzOo
Regular User
Regular User

Back to top Go down

A Good Old Roast.... Empty Re: A Good Old Roast....

Post  limbo Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:06 pm

My dad uses the juice off the the meat and mixes it with the gravy its gorgeous especially when the taste mixes with ur veg and everythin, i feel hungry now aswell Razz
limbo
limbo
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Auron Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:16 pm

I'm not usually one for roasting, but I roasted a couple of geese the other day. Nothing special, but when you use goose fat for roasting potatoes it's Heaven, especially when the potatoes are really soft in the middle.
Great Auron
Great Auron

Back to top Go down

Post  VeNGeD Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:40 am

Great Auron wrote:I'm not usually one for roasting, but I roasted a couple of geese the other day. Nothing special, but when you use goose fat for roasting potatoes it's Heaven, especially when the potatoes are really soft in the middle.
Lol, Gaz was telling me about the Geese...
VeNGeD
VeNGeD
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Auron Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:28 pm

VeNGeD wrote:
Great Auron wrote:I'm not usually one for roasting, but I roasted a couple of geese the other day. Nothing special, but when you use goose fat for roasting potatoes it's Heaven, especially when the potatoes are really soft in the middle.

I plucked them too. Quite an experience. Did he mention that I ripped a part of the skin off it's neck? As soon as he seen it, I swear to God he screamed and ran into the house.
Great Auron
Great Auron

Back to top Go down

Post  VeNGeD Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:01 am

Great Auron wrote:
VeNGeD wrote:

I plucked them too. Quite an experience. Did he mention that I ripped a part of the skin off it's neck? As soon as he seen it, I swear to God he screamed and ran into the house.
Yeah he did tell me about that lol.
VeNGeD
VeNGeD
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  limbo Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:16 am

VeNGeD wrote:
Great Auron wrote:
VeNGeD wrote:

Yeah he did tell me about that lol.

Goose!? never knew you could even eat it, what does it taste like? similar to anything at all?
limbo
limbo
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  afroant Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:50 am

Course you can eat goose, its no different to any other bird like chicken or duck. what i wana try is what the royal family used to have for xmas dinner like a hundred years ago, it was a quail stuffed inside a chicken stuffed inside a swan!! i would try it but seeing as the queen owns all the swans i might get arrested lol!
afroant
afroant

Back to top Go down

Post  Great Auron Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Goose is far tastier than chicken or turkey, personally, but a good old roast duck stays at the top of my list. Very Happy

PS. Forgot to mention. Goose liver is one of the tastiest things you will ever eat. I reccomend trying it.
Great Auron
Great Auron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum